Sunday, September 5, 2010

Harvest!

Boxes and buckets of tomatoes are here!  And after yesterday and today, 27 quarts of canned tomato sauce and 8 bags of frozen tomato sauce.  I oven roasted every one of them, skin and all, pureed them in the blender, and dumped them in the bag or jar.  It took awhile because I could only roast 3 pans at a time, they took 45 minutes to roast, and then, they had to boil in the canner for another 45 minutes.  It seemed like it was going to take forever and that is after I bought jars and went to 3 stores yesterday before I found a canner.  I'm pretty sure I could have purchased a lot of tomatoes for the time and money, (and H is positive of it), but I have them now and they are beautiful.  I'm done, at least until next week when I go back to pick the rest.      

No comments:

Post a Comment