Sunday, September 19, 2010

Knitting is HARD

Ok, I'll save you the photos.  I spent 4 hours yesterday learning how to knit, well not really, but I did spend 4 hours putting yarn on a knitting needle.  Nita, if you are reading this, stop laughing.  Nita gave me a lesson on Thursday night and sent me a youtube video.  She said "make a dishcloth"...and made it look absolutely idiot-proof...  I spent most of the time stopping and re-starting the video.  They should make a slow-motion button for youtube.  Why hasn't anyone invented that yet?  Do they really think that you can get your hands in the right position and wrap the yarn around your thumb that fast?  And don't even talk about making the stitches.  First off, the video had several lines of knitting already done.  How does the first row get on the needle?  That's a different video...it was amazing how many videos there were on youtube showing one how to knit.  However, if you didn't already know how to knit, most of them are useless.  Actually the truth is, I can now caste on and knit (hopefully after 4 hours).  But purl...you have to be kidding, my thumb doesn't seem to want to go there.  I need another lesson before I start the socks.     

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it would be my learning to knit experience too. Sorry but i got a good chuckle.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. You are on no reply so I couldnt email you. I've decided to throw out the acorns at the end of the season and have someone send me fresh ones next year:)

    ReplyDelete