Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Winter Moonlight is finished!
I have finished hand quilting Winter Moonlight and have it bound, laundered, and hung on the wall in the library. And though I can't show you a picture because Don still has my camera, it looks great. I made a few mistakes with this quilt. Knowing that I wanted to handquilt, there were several things that I should have thought of before I put this together...pressing seams so I didn't have bunching at every intersection, doing a much better job of piecing since the quilting accentuated all the little triangles, and planning the quilting process in the beginning so I didn't get stymied at the end and had to freehand some stars to fill in the blanks. But in spite of all this...it still looks great (especially from more than 8" away) and I really like it hanging there.