Saturday, January 28, 2012

Coffee Bags

I know this is old news, especially for my girls that made them over the holidays, but these were fun.  They are made of recycled coffee bags from Zingermans in Ann Arbor.  Each of the girls chose their own fabrics from the stash (and I wish that I had photos, but of course, we forgot to get them), and each constructed their bags differently because I didn't have any pattern, but they are all engineers so they all did a fabulous job.  This must have been a good idea; 2 of the women at work got recycled coffee bags from the shop in Bay City and after seeing mine, are making bags too.  The update on the red, white and blue lone star is that it is 56" across, not 70'.  I'm not sure where I got that idea, but it is all together and I'm adding borders tomorrow.  The red, white, and blue is growing on me.  I have Winter Moonlight up in the foyer for the winter months, but I'm thinking that the lone star might be a lovely summer quilt to hang there.  Pictures will follow. 


  

5 comments:

  1. Can a person purchase these bags without ordering coffee? From Zingerman's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zingermans Coffee located south of I94 has bags for sale made from recycled coffee bags. They are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying. I am from Minnesota and wondering if I could phone them, as the bags are not listed on their website. I did order a 12 oz. bag of coffee for $22 plus 9.99 shpg. I was hoping the coffee beans came in one of those recycled bags...HA-HA!! Those "coffee clutches" you made are adorable!

      Delete
    2. I'm back! Zingerman's Coffee is sending me some bags...FREE OF CHG. expect for shpg. They were so helpful. Laura went "above and beyond" for me. I am so excited and appreciative.

      Delete
    3. Sherri, I am very happy that you got the bags and that they were free! Wow, great customer service from Zingermans. Please let me know if you post pictures somewhere on the net. I'd like to see them. Sue

      Delete