Sunday, June 24, 2012

In Progress

 I'm thinking that all of my posts should be called In Progress.  I certainly don't seem to have many finishes!

The first photo is of the appliquéd oak reel quilt.  Most of the first oak leaf/acorn wreath has been hand quilted.  There are 3 more wreaths to quilt after this one and then I'm doing 1" diagonals in the background.  A long term project has been made even longer because I had one entire wreath quilted and then decided that I didn't like it and ripped it out.  I'm not sure that I like this one either, but I would like to get this quilt done so that I can actually start another one, so it gets left in and we'll see how it looks when it's done.

This photo is of the first 4 months of a really fun free appliqué BOM from Pearl Pereira's website.  I have the 5th block prepped and have started leaves...   I have really enjoyed making these tropical flowers in batiks.  Since these are more complex patterns than I've done before, I've been making some changes to make the blocks a bit easier to appliqué, but overall it's been a good project and I'm learning a lot.  I will use a bit of embroidery and maybe some beads on these blocks and put them together with some bright sashing.  They will be lovely when finished.   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sue for visiting my blog. I love what I see on LRR blog. I love liberated quilts too and I'm a big fan of Tonya of Lazy Gal Quilting. I love trying new things but not good at finishing it until years later. Weaving is my new passion and I'm loving it - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete