Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Doings

 I have finished the appliqué for the Karen Kay Buckley project.  I put a narrow green batik border on the project, used wool batting, and have it safety pinned together, ready for hand quilting.  I have started hand quilting around the appliqué and have marked diagonal lines for the background.  I think it will look nice when it's done.  My fingers hurt though.
 These bowls of rocks are going to be bases for a series of baskets.  The rounded black and dark gray stones are from a Lake Superior beach near AuTrain.  I used Easy Cast, an acrylic 2 part casting epoxy type material to make the bases.  They are pretty thick so I suspect they will take 3 or 4 days to dry.  Then I will have the base drilled for #3 round reed and make some baskets.
And finally, a clean pond!  The green algae had gotten out of hand and I missed the sound of  running water on the deck.  I dragged the willow out and between the monstrous root mass, including a few bricks and some rocks entrained in them, and the green algae hanging everywhere, it bore a strong resemblance to the monster from the Black Lagoon.  It was also very heavy.  I had to prune it back and anchor it into place when it went back into the pond.  I'm still arranging the rocks too, but the otter is once again in place.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your applique turned out beautifully! It's amazing how different each block can look, depending on the color choices of each individual! Nicely done!