Sunday, September 30, 2012

Home, Joy, and Refuge

The words are Home, Joy, and Refuge.  There will probably be more words...   Some of the wonky houses will be swapped with a group from the on-line Liberated Quilters.  The trees, words, and stars will be part of the quilt top when I get my swap houses back.  I will connect them together with more stars and maybe some low lying bushes...  I think this quilt has the potential to get huge...

None of these blocks were made with a ruler or rotary cutter.  All of the fabric used is from the scrap bag.   It truly is wonky sewing.  I did square them with scissors before I put them on the wall.  It is kinda addicting.    

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you June. Other Lib Quilters are the true inspiration for the wall. The idea of swapping houses finally inspired me. Sue

      Delete
  2. You are a gal after my own heart...I don't use a rotary cutter or ruler either when I am free piecing. Hell, I might as well be naked in the quilt cave as well, as I throw all the rules of decency in sewing out the window. These elements look fabulous...I can't wait to see where you go with your creation.


    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa. I do love this freehand stuff. Made a few more houses today. Unfortunately work is calling tomorrow. I am loving your appliqued symphony. Sue

      Delete