Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Wren and the Goose

Ok, so her wren looks better than mine.  The embroidery on the leaves doesn't really show up very well.  The batik has some really strong (to strong for this piece) colors.  Live and learn...  I'll get another pattern in a couple weeks and try again.

These are blocks for a pieced pattern called Goose in the Pond.  We are doing a swap at the GS guild.  I made 13 blocks for a 12 block quilt, I will keep one, get 12 back from my friends, and we make an extra quilt top to raffle off.  Except of course, I made seventeen 15.5" blocks so I can make the quilt larger.  I will do 4 across and 4 down.  The blocks were supposed to be high contrast batik fabrics.   Fortunately, the finished quilt will have sashing and more little 9 patches at the intersections.  It will not be this busy.  I put them together on the design board to take this photo and they made my eyes cross....  the good news is that if I actually try, not everything has to be wonky, I actually can piece more or less accurately.   

No comments:

Post a Comment