This is a photo of the antique Red Flowers from a F&P magazine in 2005. Below is my rendition of this quilt. As you can see, I have changed the orange leaves from the last post back to yellow and still haven't made up my mind which I like the best. I had also simplified the leaves for ease of applique, but am kind of rethinking that decision too. I did look closely at the photo to determine the original quilting design and it appears to be a big sweeping clamshell pattern. I don't know the dimensions of the original and can't find it on google images, so my squared up blocks at 27" unfinished seem too big, or the leaves too small, or something. I think I'll have to do more trimming to get that "bit of crowded" look that appealed to me. I do like the idea of the big sweeping clamshells, specifically because I still struggle with marking and I will not have to mark to do that pattern. I'll just get it started with a big arc and go from there. You can also see that I have to remove a couple green (misplaced) leaves. Three more flowers to go. I should be able to finish this week, Don and Em are here so I've cleaned up the florida room and dismantled the sewing center so we have room to eat at the table. Hand work goes faster when using my machine isn't happening.