Monday, October 7, 2013

Carpenter's Star

This is a Carpenter's Star quilt block done with 4.5" half square triangles, making it 32x32 with a 2" border.  It is an easy block to put together, but for me, who likes to chain piece, it was tedious because only 2 sets of blocks can go together at a time, or I would lose my place in the color scheme.  It's not my usual colors, but I am doing the Jingle Belle blocks, a couple of which are in the photo, and I may use this block for the center of those pieced and appliqued blocks.  I  learned how to make this block with the local Quilter's Night Out group last Tuesday.  It is fun to get together and try new blocks and layouts that you wouldn't normally think of by yourself.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you in that I loose my color scheme easily I like big blocks but have to put them together one block at a time I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me gusta el bloque!!!
    y ese reuniones siempre son muy interesantes y divertidas
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, quick quilt...color are really nice together.

    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete