Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Couple Things Going On

Still no camera, so no pictures :(, but I finished machine quilting a T shirt quilt tonight for a friend.  The long arm still has issues with threads breaking but I persevered until it was done.  I am going to have to figure this out because it is SO damned frustrating.

I finished hand quilting the Folk Art Fantasy last week with the 1/2" diamonds and really do like it much better than before.  The additional quilting added a lot of interest to the piece.  It has been re-hung above the mantle.

I also finished appliqueing the nine P3 Design blocks of tropical flowers and leaves and have them hanging on the design board with lots of green, purple and deep rose colored batiks for sashing and border.  It won't be huge, but it will look great in the summer on the wall next to the front door.  I tried to take Winter Moonlight down, but didn't have anything to replace it with (my quilts are way too big for that space) and had to put Winter Moonlight back up.  I'm trying to decide how to quilt it.  I could use the machine, I could hand-quilt, or I could do a sashiko style with embroidery floss.  I'll finish the piecing and think about it.

I'm on the last redwork bird of the Crabapple Hill series and bought a lovely brown fabric with little red birds last week to use in the quilt.  I have to decide if I'm going to do my own thing or if I just follow the pattern.  Again, I have time to decide.

I'm going on vacation and need to take some hand work so I'm thinking about starting some really fussy applique baltimore style baskets, so I'm off to look at the inspiration books...

No comments:

Post a Comment