Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grand Rapids AAQI


 I have a new camera and spent the day in Grand Rapids at the AQS show.  The show has fabulous quilts and it also has a wonderful display for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  There were thousands of names on the purple and lavender and eggplant panels.  Thousands.  They were interspersed with small, lovely AAQI quilts.  The two that I photographed below were made by Michelle, a friend from the Liberated Quilters on-line group.  She has lost many relatives to Alzheimers and has been making these little quilts to raise money for research.  I have made a few and have two more in the works,

but there is still lots to be done.  Please check out www.alzquilts.org to see how you can help too.  You should be able to click on the photos to enlarge them.  

3 comments:

  1. I just about burst into tears to see my little quilts hanging here. Bless your heart for taking photos, Sue! Oh, it is the hardest journey to walk and my life just gets harder and harder. But to see this display, and to remember why I do all that I do..well, thanks so much for the visual reminder. Hugs, hugs for taking these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome. I thought you might like to see how they were displayed in the exhibit. Hugs, Hugs Back! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...your photos are very impact-ful ! thanks so much for sharing..Michele linked and I was so happy to be able to pop over and take a look..

    ReplyDelete