Friday, October 30, 2009

Civil War Brides Quilt


Yes! My CWBQ pattern has finally arrived from Australia. Thank you to P for carrying it from Australia and to E for mailing it from Maryland. I have a couple other projects to finish first so I shouldn't (maybe) start until after the holidays, however there is so much to think about. There are backgrounds to consider, fabrics to gather, and I want a groom, so I need to think about that. I have also printed off photos of the original and looked at a couple of examples that folks have made that are on-line. I would like to add to the CWBQ blog too, after I start. I love the idea of women making this quilt all over the world. It's like a quilt club, but with international members. I wonder if anyone has seen the original pattern for the groom? The museum says they have it, but maybe the patterns have not been exhibited. This is a photo of the original Peacock Quilt in the American Museum of Folk Art in New York City. The pattern has a more simplified border, but in general, they are pretty similar. I am really looking forward to starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment